Sunday 5 May 2013

The Lost Stone Feature on Lon Eifion

Back in 1994 when I road the Bike Tours "Journey Across Britain" I saw this lovely stone feature on the Sustrans cycle route, just south of Penygroes.



I was looking foward to seeing it again last week when I rode the full length of the route.

Unfortunately, this section of the path now looks more like this!



Sadly this section of the route has been built over with the re-routing of the A487, and none of the original stone features survived.

The whole section that I had cycled on before has either been replaced by the road or was used as the access road to the quarry durring the road's construction.

The route did gain a wide coveing of tarmac, but it lost its character and what looked like an original comissioned artwork.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment